Monday, July 16, 2007

Covet



This fish is just about the only object of my dad's that I ever truly coveted. And I made no secret of this. Time and time again. So when my parents downsized several years ago and I spent day upon day sorting and packing and cleaning and busting my ass to help them out, I figured the least they could do was let me babysit the little maneater for a while. But guess who trounced in on moving day and scooped up Floyd McCoy for himself?? My brother. And all my protests fell on deaf and exhausted ears. It pisses me off to this very day because this is the most awesome flying fish that has ever existed. Don'tcha think??

1 comment:

Laura said...

So get this. I just did a search on Floyd McCoy and Pitcairn Island (which is carved on the other wing of the fish, and which also happens to be the island that the mutineers from the Bounty went to live on) and our man Floyd was a direct descendant of one of the mutineers.

Pretty groovy.

More research in the morning when I'm not going cross-eyed.

Dammit...I want my fish back!!