Monday, July 31, 2006

The Horrible Truth About Burma (or That's When I Reach For My Digital Camera)


The horrible truth is that after 25 years of being a fan, yesterday was the first time I actually ever saw Mission of Burma perform live. Granted, they were broken up for 19 of those years, but still. I always felt some sort of tenuous connection with MoB--my first real boyfriend was best friends with Clint Conley (bass player/singer--center stage above) so I actually hung out with Clint several times back in Boston in 1983. Usually at one punk club or another. Nice guy. Nice smile. I was flattered that he treated me with respect and kindness. Not the typical punk rock bullpoop one usually experiences (especially from bass players <--um...just a little self-defecating humor, seeing as I myself am a bass player type 8^D).

Anyhoo, I'm glad I got to finally see them perform. Definitely worth the 23-year wait plus the price of admission, which was free for me--thanks Lorelei & Darren!!

No comments: