Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Isn't it a Pity?

Isn't it a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking anymore
Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity

Some things take so long
But how do I explain
When not too many people
Can see we're all the same
And because of all their tears
Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them
Isn't it a pity



This is a George Harrison song.
I especially love the Galaxie 500 version of it.



3 comments:

Old Man Crowder said...

Came across this one recently and thought you might like it (perhaps you've heard it already?). And you provided a nice segue to it.

Comes the Dawn

After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't mean security
And you begin to understand that kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head held high and your eyes open
With the strength of a woman, not the grief of a child
You learn to build your roads
On today because tomorrow's ground
Is too uncertain for plans, and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much
So yo uplant your own garden and decorate your soul, instead of waiting
For someone to bring you flowers
And you learn that you really can endure
That you really do have worth
And you learn and you learn...and you learn
With every goodbye, you learn.

Laura said...

I used to have a copy of this hanging on my bathroom mirror and I'd read it every morning--but somewhere along the line I lost it. I love it and find it very inspirational (and I'm not normally the type who hangs inspirational shit on bathroom mirrors, so that may give you an idea about how much I like it). So THANK YOU for posting it!! Any idea who wrote it?

Old Man Crowder said...

Sorry. All I have is "Anonymous".

Glad I could be of service!