Monday, June 12, 2006

Brave, Brave Sir Robin

Yesterday, I started reading 'The Da Vinci Code'. I'd never gotten around to it before now and wanted to read it before I saw the movie. I found a copy of the book lying around my parents' house and figured 'what the hell, I'm just lying here whacked on Vicodin anyway...why not?'

Well...when I finished it earlier this afternoon, I was still up for a little more reading. So I grabbed a book from my bookshelf called 'Secret Symbolism in Occult Art'--a book I've had forever but just haven't flipped through in a while.

One of the first pics I came upon was this one, first published in 1614:
Just having finished a book about the search for the Holy Grail, and then having subsequently opened a book about secret occult symbolism, I found it quite...um...disturbing? funny?...fitting at the very least to find that the central character in this illustration is none other than...
Eric Idle.
In drag, no less.

3 comments:

Old Man Crowder said...

Good heavens, I think you're right!

He took the drag thing awfully far, don't you think? I mean, flowing hair and a dress is one thing, but undergoing some mammarian installations... That's hardcore!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking no implants. Rather some sort of chest/breast plate. Look at the base of the stomach- the points seems to be attached to the stomach end of the plate and not anything else. Still- has taken it pretty far.

Laura said...

mammarian installations...you've just given me some sculpture ideas...

In actuality, boys, that person really IS supposed to be a woman. And I have only one word for her....

ZAFTIG.